NIACC’s Business Technology Specialization Degree is designed for students who are interested in developing a solid foundation in business and have a keen interest in computers. Students will prepare themselves for the continually changing marketplace by learning both “job getting” and “job keeping” skills. This program provides students with a real “competitive advantage” when pursuing employment.
Support staff in Accounting, Help Desk, Information Systems Technology, Management Information Systems, Personal Computer Hardware and/or Software, and Web Design.
For specific information, contact the NIACC Business Division.
Upon successful completion of the Business Technology curriculum with a grade point average of 2.00 (C) or higher, the student is awarded an Associate in Applied Science Degree. Students who know they wish to pursue a four-year degree and want to meet general education requirements of transfer institutions should pursue the A.A. degree. This will necessitate a slightly different curriculum.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Talk to the Business Internship Coordinator or your Counselor to decide when in your college career you should participate in an internship.
- Enroll in and pass Workplace Professionalism (BUS 162 ).
- Workplace Professionalism is a 3 s.h. course that is a prerequisite to Business Internships ~ it can be taken at any time prior to a Business Internship.
- Upon passing Workplace Professionalism, the student is eligible for a Business Internship (BUS 225 ).
- Students may register for a Business Internship only when they have located, secured and have had the internship site approved with the Business Internship Coordinator.
- Business Internship credit ranges from 1 s.h. to 5 s.h. ~ this must be determined prior to registering for the course.
All students are highly encouraged to participate in a Business Internship before graduating.