The Marketing and Sales Diploma program helps students explore several important areas of an organization, including marketing, promotion and sales. To successfully communicate an idea, to serve the needs of your customers more effectively, and to be competitive in the marketplace, learning effective selling skills is essential for everyone. From the CEO to the Administrative Assistant, everyone in every company is selling every hour of every day whether they are aware of this fact or not!
Successful graduates can find job opportunities in the following occupational areas:
- Sales Representative
- Department Manager
- Store Manager
- Merchandise Buying/Planning
- Human Resources Management
Marketing is an attitude, philosophy, and perspective that stresses customer relationships to provide satisfaction. Marketing plays an important role in society, is important to business, and offers outstanding career opportunities.
Upon successful completion of the Marketing and Sales curriculum with a grade point average of 2.00 (C) or higher, the student is awarded a Diploma.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Talk to the Business Internship Coordinator or your Counselor to decide when in your college career you should participate in an internship.
- Enroll in and pass Workplace Professionalism (BUS 162 ).
- Workplace Professionalism is a 3 s.h. course that is a prerequisite to Business Internships ~ it can be taken at any time prior to a Business Internship.
- Upon passing Workplace Professionalism, the student is eligible for a Business Internship (BUS 225 ).
- Students may register for a Business Internship only when they have located, secured and have had the internship site approved with the Business Internship Coordinator.
- Business Internship credit ranges from 1 s.h. to 5 s.h. ~ this must be determined prior to registering for the course.
All students are highly encouraged to participate in a Business Internship before graduating.