*CHM - 166 General Chemistry I may be a better fit for some students, depending on their major. For example, students planning on attending veterinary school should take CHM-166.
**Appropriate math level needed before enrolling in any math class.
**It is recommended that students take BIO - 202 Biology I and BIO - 203 Biology II at the same institution to avoid transfer issues. While Agriculture Studies does not require BIO-202 and BIO-203, some agriculture minors and teacher certification do.
^Students may take ACC - 111 Introduction to Accounting prior to ACC-121 if needed.
Note: Please check with transfer institution for their specific requirements or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for further transfer planning.
- AA degree meets the General Education Requirements for the College of Liberal Arts at most transfer institutions.
- Check with transfer institution for Foreign Language Requirement.
- Admission requirements vary from institution to institution. Contact the transfer institution or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for assistance.
- Suggested schedule dependent on entry level of student.
- For specific transfer information to Iowa State University, please refer to their website.
All Associate degrees must be 62 hours: 41 s.h. of general education/21 s.h. of electives.