The Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma program is designed to prepare students for employment in physicians’ offices, hospitals, clinics, public health departments, Civil Service, medical laboratories, pharmaceutical houses, insurance companies, business and industrial firms with large medical departments, and foundations devoted to medical research.
The graduate’s duties include transcription editing, preparing correspondence and medical records, filing, mailing, ordering supplies, handling telephone services, making appointments and receiving visitors, taking care of general office administration, and using a computer for word processing, spreadsheet, electronic presentation, and database projects.
NIACC’s classrooms are equipped with the latest in computers, office machines, and equipment. They are also staffed by qualified instructors in the business and medical fields.
Successful graduates can find job opportunities in the following occupational areas:
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Records Manager
- Medical Information Processing Operator
- Appointment Clerk
For specific information contact the NIACC Business Division.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma curriculum (at least 32 semester hours) with a grade point average of 2.00 (C) or higher, the student is awarded a Diploma.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Talk to the Business Internship Coordinator or your Counselor to decide when in your college career you should participate in an internship.
- Enroll in and pass Workplace Professionalism (BUS 162 ).
- Workplace Professionalism is a 3 s.h. course that is a prerequisite to Business Internships ~ it can be taken at any time prior to a Business Internship.
- Upon passing Workplace Professionalism, the student is eligible for a Business Internship (BUS 225 ).
- Students may register for a Business Internship only when they have located, secured and have had the internship site approved with the Business Internship Coordinator.
- Business Internship credit ranges from 1 s.h. to 5 s.h. ~ this must be determined prior to registering for the course.
All students are highly encouraged to participate in a Business Internship before graduating.