Drive a car? Rent or own a home? Manage a Fortune 500 company? Chances are you answered yes to at least one of those questions. Insurance and Financial Management is everywhere and savvy students can use this training to their career advantage. An Insurance and Financial Management Degree will provide students with the fundamental knowledge, skills and tools necessary to move into their career or advance in their educational program. Improve your own personal balance sheet with an A.A.S. Degree in NIACC’s Insurance and Financial Management program.
Successful graduates can find job opportunities in the following occupational areas:
- Customer Service
- Commercial Bankers/Lenders
- Financial Analysts
- Investment Bankers
- Private Wealth Managers
For specific information, contact the NIACC Business Division.
Upon successful completion of the second year Insurance and Financial Management curriculum with a grade point average of 2.00 (C) or higher, the student is awarded an Associate in Applied Science Degree. Students who know they wish to pursue a four-year degree and want to meet general education requirements of transfer institutions should pursue the A.A. Degree. This will necessitate a slightly different curriculum.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Talk to the Business Internship Coordinator or your Counselor to decide when in your college career you should participate in an internship.
- Enroll in and pass Workplace Professionalism (BUS 162 ).
- Workplace Professionalism is a 3 s.h. course that is a prerequisite to Business Internships ~ it can be taken at any time prior to a Business Internship.
- Upon passing Workplace Professionalism, the student is eligible for a Business Internship (BUS 225 ).
- Students may register for a Business Internship only when they have located, secured and have had the internship site approved with the Business Internship Coordinator.
- Business Internship credit ranges from 1 s.h. to 5 s.h. ~ this must be determined prior to registering for the course.
All students are highly encouraged to participate in a Business Internship before graduating.