Did you know that “sports” is a $200 billion dollar industry in the U.S. alone? Those dollars spell opportunity for students with a love of sports and ability to organize and manage. In the exciting Sport Management program, which combines a solid business foundation with experiential learning, you’ll be able to start your career running.
Career opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Athletic Director
- Municipal Parks and Recreational Sport Leadership
- Sport Management
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Facility Management
- Sport Event Management
- Tourism Director
- Community/Voluntary Agency Sport Programming
Upon successful completion of the Sport Management curriculum with a grade point average of 2.00 (C) or higher, the student is awarded an Associate in Applied Science Degree. Students who know they wish to pursue a four-year degree and want to meet general education requirements of transfer institutions should pursue the A.A. Degree. This will necessitate a slightly different curriculum.
- Talk to the Business Internship Coordinator or your Counselor to decide when in your college career you should participate in an internship.
- Enroll in and pass Workplace Professionalism (BUS 162 ).
- Workplace Professionalism is a 3 s.h. course that is a prerequisite to Business Internships ~ it can be taken at any time prior to a Business Internship.
- Upon passing Workplace Professionalism, the student is eligible for a Business Internship (BUS 225 ).
- Students may register for a Business Internship only when they have located, secured and have had the internship site approved with the Business Internship Coordinator.
- Business Internship credit ranges from 1 s.h. to 5 s.h. ~ this must be determined prior to registering for the course.
All students are highly encouraged to participate in a Business Internship before graduating.