The Administrative Office Associate Diploma program is designed to prepare students for employment with financial institutions, retail establishments, manufacturers, private organizations, and Civil Service.
The graduate’s duties include keyboarding, filing, record keeping, operating office machines, transcribing, using a computer for word processing, spreadsheet, electronic presentation, and database projects, handling telephone services, and taking care of general office administration.
NIACC’s classrooms are equipped with the latest in computers, office machines, and equipment. They are also staffed by qualified instructors in the business field.
Successful graduates can find job opportunities in the following occupational areas:
- Administrative Assistant
- Records Manager
- Machine Transcriber
- Information Processing Operator
Upon successful completion of the Administrative Office Associate curriculum (at least 30 semester hours) with a grade point average of 2.00 (C) or higher, the student is awarded a Diploma.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Talk to the Business Internship Coordinator or your Counselor to decide when in your college career you should participate in an internship.
- Enroll in and pass Workplace Professionalism (BUS 162 ).
- Workplace Professionalism is a 3 s.h. course that is a prerequisite to Business Internships ~ it can be taken at any time prior to a Business Internship.
- Upon passing Workplace Professionalism, the student is eligible for a Business Internship (BUS 225 ).
- Students may register for a Business Internship only when they have located, secured and have had the internship site approved with the Business Internship Coordinator.
- Business Internship credit ranges from 1 s.h. to 5 s.h. ~ this must be determined prior to registering for the course.
All students are highly encouraged to participate in a Business Internship before graduating.