*NIACC foundation courses, grade of C- or higher required.
**Required Math ACT/Placement scores needed to enroll.
***Elective credit only; no direct transfer to Secondary Education major.
^Support work credit; transfers directly to Secondary Education major.
^^Secondary Education core credit; grade of C- or higher required.
^^^BVU in Mason City has three Secondary Education teaching areas: English, Business, and History. English majors should have as much literature as possible; History majors should have as much history as possible; Business majors should have business courses such as: BUS - 102 Introduction to Business , MGT - 101 Principles of Management , , ACC - 122 Principles of Accounting II , and BUS - 185 Business Law I as needed to reach 68 transferrable credits. Business majors should have ECN - 120 Principles of Macroeconomics and ECN - 130 Principles of Microeconomics if possible.
- The Iowa Department of Education has requirements for Teacher Education Programs.
- A 2.5 minimum GPA is required for acceptance into the Teacher Education Program.
- PRAXIS I minimum scores are required prior to admittance into the Teacher Education Program.
- BVU will accept up to 68 transferrable NIACC credits.
- See your BVU advisor for updated agreements.